About the Scientific and Enlightenment Memorial Complex at the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
named after the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov
The Scientific and Enlightenment Memorial Complex at the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan named after the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov was established by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan from April 25 2017 for the purpose of immortalize memory and explore heritage of Islam Karimov.
Main Goals of the Memorial Complex:
- immortalization of memory of the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, his tremendous contribution in gaining the Independence and formation of the Statehood of Uzbekistan, the historical role of personality of Islam Karimov as well as for the popularization his heritage;
- conducting research works to analyze the life and activities of Islam Karimov as a distinguished person, creator and architect of the modern Uzbekistan, author of the achievements of the Republic of Uzbekistan during the years of its Independence, founder of the building up the strong reputation of the country in the international arena, as well as his high moral and humane standards;
- presentation the process and stages of the building up and consolidation of Uzbekistan as an Independent State under the leadership of the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov;
- familiarization of the people, especially young ones, as well as foreign guests with the history of the independent Uzbekistan from the its first steps and the further years, popularization of the Republic achievements;
- education of the younger generation in the spirit of historical and political culture, patriotism and their responsibility for the Motherland;
- fulfilling scientific and research activities, as well as educational and enlightenment ones;
- take appropriate steps to arrange a wide familiarization of the heads of foreign states and international organizations, as well as general public and young people with the works were done by the Memorial Complex;
- arrange and host conferences, seminars, master classes, creative evenings, exhibitions and other events;
- publication, distribution of books, catalogs, booklets, guidebooks and other materials related to the life and activities of the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- accept in depositing, storage, registration, exhibiting of collections and items related to the life and activities of Islam Karimov;
- compiling, maintaining and updating the database of museum items and museum collections;
- developing proposals to include museum items and museum collections into the National Museum Fund of the Republic of Uzbekistan in printed and electronic forms.
The Memorial Complex includes:
Scientific-Research and Education Center
Library and Educational Hall
The Memorial Complex fulfils its activities in cooperation with the Republican Charity and Public Foundation named after Islam Karimov.